Model and Serial Number of Appliances
Question: Where do I find the model and serial number for my appliance?
Answer: There are as many possibilities as there are appliances, but here are a few common places to look:
- Refrigerators / Freezers: Usually the model tag is located near the top shelf of the fresh food section on a tag on the side wall.
- Top Load Washers: Model tag is most often inside the lid area where the lid shuts, though sometimes on top of the control panel area.
- Front Load Washers: Usually the tag is inside the area where the door shuts
- Dryers: Usually this tag is present where the door shuts
- Dishwashers: Usually the model tag is either on the tub frame where the door shuts, or sometimes directly on the side of the inner door panel.
- Cooktop: The model tag is inconveniently located on the underside of the cooktop, so it is most often accessed from the cabinet below the cooktop.
- Microwave: The tag is usually where the door shuts, or sometimes on the left wall inside the microwave on over the range units. On countertop models, this tag may be on the back side of the microwave instead.
- Wall Oven: The tag is often inside one of the doors, on the frame where the door closes.
- Freestanding Range: Usually you have to remove or open the bottom drawer, and the tag is on one of the legs that is normally covered by the drawer. Exception: On Maytag Gemini Freestanding Double Ovens, there is a flag similar to on a mailbox located on the upper rear of the control panel that lifts up to give you the model and serial number.
- Vent Hoods: The model tag is often located behind a grease filter on the underside of the hood.
- Dehumidifiers: Usually the tag is either hidden by the bucket or on the side of the unit.
- If these tips have failed or your product is not listed, begin the search. While not always easy to find, the model number is crucial in getting the correct parts for your model.