Nebraska Home Appliance 1st Annual Holiday Letter – 2016 [INFOGRAPHIC]January 3, 2017
Dear Family and Friends,
We hope this holiday season finds you happy and well. How has it been 28 years and we’ve never done a Holiday letter? We hope you can excuse that lapse in communication and mark this letter as the start of a new tradition for us. In many ways, it’s hard to believe that another year has passed, but it’s also hard to believe that we packed so much into the last 365 days. It’s been a busy year for all of us: Todd, Shannon, Vince, Dennis, Brian, Greg, Linda, Debbie, John, and our newest additions to the Nebraska Home Appliance family, Darrin and Jordan.
As we reflect on 2016, there’s a lot to celebrate:
In May, we marked John’s fifth anniversary as a hometown hero and we couldn’t be prouder of him. Only Shannon, who celebrated his 16th year with Nebraska Home Appliance in August, has more time under his belt—he must really love us.
One thing is certain: It’s been a year of professional growth for all of us. In 2016….
- The whole crew received their Master Samurai Tech training in Fundamentals, Advanced Schematics, Refrigeration, and Professional Development.
- The tribe also received Samsung, Electrolux and Frigidaire product training.
- Todd attended 2 Peer Group meetings and shared his experience with other appliance repair owners.
By this point, you must be asking, “Is ongoing training the only thing Nebraska Home Appliance did in 2016?”
Omahan’s still relied on us to service and repair their appliances. They don’t call us the Hometown Hero for nothing!
In 2016, our team performed 11,957 appliance service calls to Omaha, Council Bluffs and the surrounding areas…. And, boy, are our arms tired!
- BRRRRRRR! We serviced 4,286 refrigerators and 104 freezers, and 104 ice machines since our last orbit around the sun.
- DING! In the last 12 months, 463 microwaves are up and running again, able to pop more popcorn for movie nights, thanks to Nebraska Home Appliance.
- Can you smell what Nebraska Home Appliance is cookin’?! 1,157 ovens and 41 range hoods were maintained and/or repaired since last winter.
- Cleanin’ Up! In the last 365 days – 2,550 washers and 1,454 Dishwashers, 102 stack laundry unites, 33 Garbage disposals, and 8 lucky trash compactors were able to continue the important work of keeping Nebraska households sparkling.
All of that hard work wasn’t just noticed by our customers: We were awarded the Angie’s List 2016 Super Service Award (for the third year straight) and the Best of Omaha 2017 – Appliance Repair award from Omaha Magazine. (Though, the best award we receive is the look of sincere appreciation on our customer’s face when we complete service calls.)
You’d think that we’d be satisfied with training, and servicing, and repairing…. By now, I’m sure you know that we’re never ones to slow down. There was even more to 2016. (I guess when you’re this passionate and dedicated, there’s a lot that can be accomplished).
Our top 5 most popular blog articles for 2016 were:
- 6 Easy Upgrades to Turn Your Old Fridge into a Smart Refrigerator
- Bosch or ASKO dishwasher not draining and pump keeps running
- How becoming an appliance repair technician changed my life
- Just How Reliable Are Top Gas Range and Oven Brands?
- On-the-Job Training as an Appliance Repair Technician
… And we even found time to make a washing machine explode (on purpose, of course, in the name of science.)
It’s been quite the year around here. While it seems like we’d take a minute to put our feet up and sip on some eggnog, we know that the Omaha and Council Bluffs areas need their appliances repaired by their trusted Hometown Hero. Remember that we’re always just a phone call away (that phone number is 402-216-0151, just in case you need it).
From the Nebraska Home Appliance Family to yours:
We wish you a safe, happy, and joy-filled holiday and New Year!
– Nebraska Home Appliance